25th March 2018
George Methodist church
8am and 10 am
With Peter Veysie
Mark 11:1-11 (TNIV)
 As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples,  saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here.  If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you doing this?” say, ‘The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.’ ”
 They went and found a colt outside in the street, tied at a doorway. As they untied it,  some people standing there asked, “What are you doing, untying that colt?”  They answered as Jesus had told them to, and the people let them go.  When they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks over it, he sat on it.  Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields.  Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted,
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
 “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!”
“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
 Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple courts. He looked around at everything, but since it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the Twelve.
- Where do we start when we need to turn. Bethpage and Bethany near the mount of Olives. Where is your Bethany? You go there to be refreshed and empowered but you cannot stay there. The mount of transfiguration as an example.Luke 9:28-36
- Resolute- characterized by firmness and determination.Luke 9:51 What do you have to face?
- The donkey – A colt, unridden and used for religious festivals.Bethlehem and now Jerusalem. His mother. The Messiah would have to be from the line of David. He would need to enter Jerusalem and he would fulfill prophecy from Zechariah 9:9 see your King comes humbly and mounted on the foal of a donkey-a colt. Not a war horse but a donkey a symbol of peace. Vs 10
- Branches and cloakes- Sukkoth festival of the booths/ tabernacles ( celebrates the in gathering of the exiles and the provision of shelter or protection from the Lord and they would wave lulab (lullaby) leafy branches made of willow, myrtle or palm and recited Psalm 118 Hosanna hosanna- O Lord save us save us. Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.It was not the traditional time for Sukkoth as this was closer to September 23rd to be precise this year. But the dwelling place of the Lord. The Tabernacle had tabernacles amongst them.
- The people – Opposition- always a Pharisee in the crowd. 10th day of Nissan – the same day people would be bringing their lambs to Jerusalem. Matthew 21: 10 says “all the city was moved.” Unknowingly, the onlookers in Jerusalem were witnessing God’s selection of Jesus Christ as the final Passover lamb. And take notice that this was the 10th of Nisan, the day that was designated to select the Passover lamb. The accuracy of God’s Word is astounding. Israel was seeing the perfect lamb – without spot and without blemish. You must always remember that God’s timetable is always perfect. He does things at the exact right time.
Those who praised him recognize the fulfillment of the prophecy. When your King comes do you acknowledge Him?
- Recognize your King by a few important things – Humility, in the name of the Lord, ushers in the coming Kingdom. The Kingdom of God is at hand.
- How do we respond? Praise adoration humility save us get involved in the Kingdom now.