Who is this man? Mary’s song
“The hills are alive with the sound of His music”
Luke 1:46 -56
22nd December 2019
With Peter Veysie
- Mary a young woman about to be a mother of the Savior
- Her song sung from the heart of a servant.
- Mary the first disciple of Jesus – a model of discipleship in how she responds to God.
- God is the first to reveal himself to Mary through the angel Gabriel – he interrupts her life – Highly favored. How have you dealt with “God interruptions in your life?
- She was initially afraid but as the job description was given to her she began to accept the call.
- Her job description: – she would carry the Savior
- God would use her.
- David’s throne would be established through this child and would have no end. Restore the King.8. She responds – Mary got ready. The choice we make when called is to respond with action and she goes to Elizabeth her person ? Remember – Who is your person?10 She worships in reflection: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my savior.”
- 11. She realizes that she has been weaved into the powerful eternal story of God’s love and grace. Are we part of His story ? Locate your story within the context of God’s story.
- 9. Sacrifice – it was a sacrificial decision she made but was confirmed by the Holy Spirit when John leaps inside Elizabeth’s tummy.
- 7. She has a choice – How does this work? A virgin – Calling always has a choice and yet she responds “I am the Lord’s servant”
12. A powerful picture of Discipleship