George Methodist Church
With Peter Veysie
23rd June 2019
A wedding and Salvation.
1.The noise of celebration in heaven as the great destroyer called Babylon has been struck down, the prostitute and deceiver has been revealed and taken out. (Chapter 18)
The symbol of Babylon is all that Babel’s and does not honor the Lord in every generation. In the time of John it was Rome with it’s seven hills.
- Salvation and glory and power belongs to our God. There is now a picture symbolically of John entering a heavenly realm and he sees the 24 elders and four living creatures bowing down and worshipping Jesus Christ. Come bless the Lord all you servants of the Lord who stand by night in the house of the Lord…
- The wedding. There is now a roar in heaven which sounded like the rush of many waters and peals of thunder. They sing again Hallelujah for the Lord our God the almighty reigns. Matthew 24:27-31.
- The lamb has come and his Bride has been made ready. How does this happen : The ancient wedding story. It was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen,bright and pure.
- Bought with a price- labola. Bride price 1 Peter 1:18-19, 1Cor 6:19-20. Purchased bought and redeemed.
- Betrothal or engagement- covenant. We with unveiled faces. (Scripture) Hebrew
- The lamp and the covering of her face. Consent from the wife. We are invited but do we choose John 1:12. We need to accept the invitation to the marriage supper.
- The preparation of the bridal chamber by the son. I go to prepare a place for you. Only the Father would be able to say when the wedding would happen. No one knows the time nor the hour.
- It’s time to fetch your wife. Quietly went to the house and she would have to have her lamp lit and ready. They would celebrate mostly in the evenings (the supper) and the whole community would be called to be invited to the wedding. Flowers were thrown ahead of the bride and she would go with her family to the house of the Father.
- The wedding contract and the drinking of wine as a symbol of the covenant. The Lord shows us this in all our times of celebration of communion.
- The consummation of the marriage in both spirit and flesh. Sealed in the bridal chamber. It is finished.John 14 and 16. Going away.
- Matthew 24:36 no one knows the time nor the hour but only the Father. The bridegroom Jesus Christ has gone to prepare a place for us.
- Woman prepares herself for the bridegroom to return. We remain faithful to the Lord until he comes again. Titus 2:11-13. Self controlled upright and holy lives.
- There is a lot that is drawing us away from this but he has given us his Spirit to keep us strong.
Revelation 19:11 -21
- The bride groom comes back. 1 Thess 4:16-17. The white horse now in Revelation is revealed and the one sitting on the horse is faithful and true. This is not the horse of deception that we saw earlier in the four horses. Heaven is opened and truth is revealed.
- His robes dipped in blood. Eyes blazing like fire. Isaiah 63:3-4
- His name is the Word of God. Sharp sword from his mouth. On his thigh is written King if kings and Lord of Lords. Verse 16.
- Malachi 4:1-6
- The great supper. Prepare your hearts for this. Be aware of what we need to do to prepare ourselves each day to be united with Christ. The foretaste of the heavenly banquet prepared for all.
- The coming of the Lord will be loud and he is revealed to the world. The church age is ended and now the bride and groom is united. Matthew 24:27-31
- Jesus comes to judge the living and the dead. It’s not great for those who still don’t respond to the invitation to the wedding feast.
- We are called to draw people to the Lord. To invite them to come and prepare their hearts for a wedding feast. To accept the invitation from the One who is faithful and true.
- Holiday club is a fun time yes but it’s also an opportunity for our church to pray and to draw young people into a place of knowing their destiny in Christ. Bringing hope and a promise