Stewardship session 9
1 Kings 17:8 -16
Matthew 25: 14 -30
Key idea is: I believe that everything I am or own belongs to God.
Key Verse: “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world,
and all who live in it.” Psalm 24:1 (Psalm 50:10; Haggai 2:8)
Part of the mission of God.
- We are servants of all God has entrusted to us.
“Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his
servants and entrusted his wealth to them.” Matthew 25:14
- Of God’s Creation (Genesis 1:28)
- Of Our Children (1 Samuel 1:27‐28a)
- Of Our Money (Luke 16:13; Malachi 3:10)
- Of Our Homes (Romans 12:13; 1 Peter 4:9)
- Of Our Bodies (1 Cor. 6:19‐20)
- Over All We Do (1 Cor. 10:23,31)
- Servants are accountable to the Owner.
“After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them.” Matthew 25:19
“So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.”
- Good servanthood brings blessings & rewards.
“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant ! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’”
Matthew 25:21,23; Colossians 3:23‐24
The practice of stewardship comes down to 2 things:
1) Trust – The Widow’s Meal (1 Kings 17:8‐16)
2) Surrender – The Widow’s Mite (Mark 12:41‐44)